BlackBerry Workspaces (WatchDox)
BlackBerry Workspaces overview
BlackBerry Workspaces is a virtual data room platform operated by BlackBerry Limited, a Canadian cybersecurity software developer founded in 1984 and headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario.
It’s an international giant with over 3,000 employees and 30 offices in Canada, the US, the UK, Japan, China, Germany, Ireland, Australia, India, Korea, Singapore, and the UAE.
BlackBerry acquired several IT providers, including the WatchDox data room software company that developed the VDR solution in question.
Rebranded in 2016 as BlackBerry Workspaces, today this secure file sharing and team collaboration platform helps companies of all sizes manage business processes in one place.
It is a perfect solution for M&A transactions, due diligence, fundraising, and other complex corporate deals.You can subscribe for a free trial under three BlackBerry Workspaces pricing plans to see whether the VDR fulfills your company’s needs.
VDR interface has not been provided by the vendor
- 1TB for public cloud deployments
- 20GB file storage per user
- 1TB for public cloud deployments
- Unlimited storage for on-premise deployments
- Ability to share files up to 10GB
- 24/7 phone and web support with 5 named contacts
- Ability to share large files directly from desktop, Microsoft Outlook
- Application Edition features
- Unlimited file storage
- Support for cloud and on-premise deployment options
WatchDox pricing: WatchDox Blackberry does not publicly disclose its pricing. According to customer insights, the provider charges $15 per user per month. There are three plans available to WatchDox data room clients: Send, Collaborate, and Secure Plus. Each plan differs in storage volume, security level, and advanced toolset. For example, the Send plan covers 20 GB of data per user with a view-only sharing option, while Collaborate offers unlimited storage and collaboration and additional productivity instruments.
blackberry watchdox software solutions
Workspaces is one of the many BlackBerry software products that range from digital threat detection and secure network connectivity to information protection tools. As for the VDR, it delivers the following data management and collaboration features.
Secure file storage
Workspaces is a secure file repository with the following capabilities:
- Batch file upload. Upload multiple files up to 10 GB each. Each workspace is limited to 100,000 files, and you can create as many workspaces as you need.
- Enterprise file synchronization. You can sync file versions across all your devices. The synced files will auto-update for all users.
- Online document processing. You can open and edit PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, TXT, and image files in the data room. You can also create new Doc, Excel, and PPTX files on the platform.
- App integration. Connect Workspaces to SharePoint, OneDrive, Windows Files Shares, Dropbox, iManage, Alfresco, and other file repositories. Sync and share files between the systems without migrating corporate data.
- Workspaces search. Locate critical business files and directories using keywords, phrases, and filters. The system sorts files by name, size, and date modified.
WatchDox BlackBerry collaborative workspaces
BlackBerry Workspaces helps companies enable personal productivity in their employees and streamline business processes with these features:
- Workspace management. Create and configure workspaces where users can share files and collaborate. Assign administrators, invite users, and edit workspace security permissions.
- Collaboration tools. You can enable comments, annotations, and text markups for all or selected files. Users can share their notes, ideas, and suggestions under documents, improving due diligence workflows.
- Instant messaging. Authorized collaborators can share files in direct messages to ensure everyone is on the same page. You can get instant alerts on file changes.
- Advanced admin console. Administrators can create, edit, delete, and connect workspaces in a dedicated dashboard. You can connect Workspaces to CMS platforms using API keys to improve workflows across different departments of your organization.
- Enterprise file usage reporting. You can access a file activity log where the system records file modifications. Check activity by file, user, location, date, IP, and device.
Digital rights management
You can have full control over business-critical files within the data room due to BlackBerry’s information rights management features:
- Permission-based VDR access. Create and configure permission sets based on user roles. Define whether users can leave comments, access files and folders, manage documents, or view content only.
- Document-level permissions. Control critical documents by configuring permissions: edit, print, download, and view only mode.
- File expiration. Configure expiration time frames for individual files. Prevent users from opening files upon expiry.
- Revoke rights. You can revoke access to files on any device. Users download secure encrypted file versions you can fully control remotely.
- Dynamic watermarks. Decide which users should access original or watermarked files and apply watermarks to downloaded and viewed documents. Adjust watermark display settings – font size, color, opacity, and line content.
what areas is blackberry watchdox best for?
BlackBerry VDR will become a perfect solution to share enterprise files, synchronize your workflow and content applications, and collaborate in one secure system.
The virtual data room provides rich functionalities for financial services, startups, companies in the merger-and-acquisition stage, educational institutions, and others.
It will also come in handy if you want to improve personal productivity and protect corporate secrets while growing in-house and outsourced teams.
BlackBerry Limited complies with the following standards:
- ISO 26262, 27001, and 27018
- OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230:2020
- FIPS 140-2
- NATO Restricted
- Common Criteria EAL 4 +
- NSA and CSfC
blackberry workspace advantages
BlackBerry delivers reliable VDR services for the most demanding business processes, but it also offers a few extra benefits:
- Training courses. BlackBerry users appreciate detailed in-person seminars on Workspaces features. These options help companies cut software transition expenses.
- Extensive learning resources and documentation. Many users also benefit from whitepapers, comprehensive documentation, video tutorials, demo presentations, blog articles, and other helpful resources for faster onboarding.
- Malware protection. Workspaces members say the VDR effective recovery tools help them handle malware threats. Admins can restore pre-infection versions of affected files and accounts using version tracking tools.
- Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office 365 plugins. The VDR members improve content creation, file sharing, and communications by connecting to Microsoft services.
- Cross-platform support. Workspaces is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and BB10 devices. Users can access a personal workspace on the go, becoming less dependent on office equipment.
blackberry workspace customers
As per reviews on GetApp, Capterra, SoftwareAdvice, and official case studies, enterprises with over 1,000 employees comprise most Workspaces users.
However, the software also suits charities, legal firms, small businesses, and mid-sized companies with 50-500 employees.
BlackBerry delivers VDR solutions to companies in over 10 countries, including but not limited to Canada, Germany, the UK, the US, and Australia.
Businesses use the VDR software to share critical documents, collect information across M&A stages, ensure regulatory compliance, and more. BlackBerry Workspaces customers by industry include:
- Water supplies: Evides
- Corporate: Appurity
- Biotech: Olympus
- Government: Melanoma Institute Australia
- Real estate: Oetker Collection
- Education: Spirit of Math
What is BlackBerry Workspaces?
BlackBerry Workspaces is a virtual data room solution operated by BlackBerry Limited, a Canadian cybersecurity software developer with over 38 years of experience.
What is WatchDox by BlackBerry?
WatchDox VDR is the former brand name of BlackBerry Workspaces. It was rebranded as Workspaces following the WatchDox acquisition.
When did BlackBerry acquire WatchDox?
BlackBerry Limited acquired WatchDox in 2015.
- Less than 25 GB
- 25 GB to 100 GB
- 100 GB to 1 TB
- Flexible Storage (More than 1 TB)
- Up to 10 users
- Up to 20 users
- Up to 100 users
- Doesn’t matter