DocSend Data Room
DocSend virtual data room review
Dropbox DocSend is a digital platform for secure document sharing and critical business communications. The company was founded in 2013 in San Francisco by three Stanford graduates with previous tech experience in the data collecting and managing industry.
In 2021 DocSend was acquired by Dropbox, a cloud file hosting company that offers web-based solutions for exchanging data on both domestic and corporate levels.
DocSend data room developers continue to headquarter in San Francisco and deliver solutions for secure document sharing, dynamic watermarking, data analytics, and e-signing. Since the acquisition, DocSend virtual data room extended its toolset and added several external integrations with tools like Gmail, WordPress, and Slack.
DocSend data room is a fitting solution for small and medium companies seeking VS fundraising, offering investment management services, running media and technology sales businesses, or supporting non-profit causes.
DocSend offers complimentary 14-day trial access to the Advanced service package to all new users who sign up for the platform.
- 10 GB
- Max file size 500 MB
- 50 GB
- Max file size 500 MB
- Phone support
- 50 GB
- Max file size 1GB
- Phone support
- 3 users included (additional users $90/month)
DocSend data room pricing:
There are three DocSend pricing plans — Personal, Standard, and Advanced. The Personal plan is for indiduals looking for a secure repository for storing and sharing documents and is priced at $15 a month. The Standard is for business teams looking for a top class document storing, sharing and team management platform, and is priced at $65. The Advanced plan is priced at $250 and it is a perfect suite for deal management experts looking for stronger security and seamless integrations.
docsend software solutions
Apart from the DocSend virtual data room capabilities, the platform offers tools that let companies store and share business-critical documents internally and externally. DocSend offers tools for small and medium startups that require solutions for:
- Fundraising. DocSend fundraising workflow solution enables secure collaboration inside and outside the team, complete control over documentation access, and smart insights into participants’ engagement.
- Investors relationships management. The platform allows users to timely respond to requests for additional information, communicate the project’s milestones, and update the paperwork on the go.
- Board communications. Dropbox DocSend escalates meeting effectiveness by helping board members better navigate their work scope and prioritize pressing matters. Additionally, the cloud storage capacity enables participants to collaborate remotely and completely exclude physical documentation from the process.
- Pitch deck feedback. DocSend’s team leverages their extensive experience in assisting startups with raising capital to improve the way new companies present themselves to investors. According to DocSend, the users can get detailed insights into their pitch deck’s effectiveness in under 72 hours after request submission.
what is docsend vdr software best for
Based on its capacity, the DocSend VDR software is most suitable for small and medium companies in various sectors. The software is beneficial for businesses that need to store and exchange business-critical documents, extract real-time analytics, establish advanced security practices, and operate their business teams.
Some of the use cases for DocSend virtual data room include venture capital fundraisers, investment management projects, boutique services, and non-profit organizations.
The cloud-based data room by Dropbox DocSend is a fitting workflow solution for real-time control over non-high-profile projects, secure collaboration on important files, and supplying investors and other interested parties with additional information when raising capital.
Additionally, DocSend offers file-sharing services for individual users, such as freelance professionals that operate with confidential data.
The DocSend data room might not be the best option for large-scale M&A due diligence or high-volume document analytics due to targeting smaller companies and individual users.
docsend data room compliance certificates
DocSend data room and other services are audited annually according to the SOC 2 Type 2 standards. The DocSend infrastructure is based on the Heroku cloud application platform, which utilizes the Amazon Web Services (AWS) technology.
AWS carries the following certifications:
- ISO 27001
- PCI Level 1
- SOC 1 and SOC 2
docsend vdr software advantages
DocSend virtual data room beneficial features include:
- A built-in instrument that allows to securely share document groups via a single link for faster and more organized collaboration.
- Expiration dates on the shared links that help protect data once the authorization period has ended.
- A smart activity tracker that allows administrative users to oversee the file access history and project contributions.
- Data room customization features that include logo and corporate banner installation as well as modifiable notifications.
- User-friendly interface with full-feature accessibility for desktop and mobile browsers.
docsend virtual data room customers
DocSend solutions are primarily used by small and medium companies based in the United States. Other geographies in the DocSend VDR software’s consumer profile include the United Kingdom, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and India.
The majority of DocSend’s users operate in the computer software development and distribution sector. The platform is also popular among businesses and organizations in the higher education, manufacturing, insurance, retail, financial, publishing, and healthcare sectors.
The typical use cases for the DocSend solutions circulate around fundraising, document sharing, and day-to-day operations. Some of the company’s top clients include Aperture Venture Capital, Sleepless Media, CMOE, and Zazuu.
What is DocSend?
Dropbox DocSend is a cloud-based solution for secure file-sharing during fundraising, investor communications, and board management.
What is DocSend used for?
DocSend is primarily used by individual professionals and small companies for storing and sharing business-critical documents.
Is DocSend owned by Dropbox?
Yes. Dropbox acquired DocSend in 2021 for $165 million.
Why did Dropbox acquire DocSend?
Dropbox acquired DocSend to enhance their existing solution’s secure file-sharing capabilities and employ agile engagement analytics, according to Dropbox’s CEO, Drew Houston.
Is DocSend secure?
Yes. DocSend is designed to protect user data on multiple levels. Their services are audited according to SOC 2 Type 2 standards stipulated by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
How do I use DocSend as a data room?
DocSend offers sufficient data room features such as granular access, permission management, and a customizable interface. DocSend's virtual data room capacity is available via the Advanced and Enterprise packages.
Can you screenshot DocSend?
Yes. DocSend cannot fully prevent screenshotting on mobile devices and browsers with sophisticated screen-capturing extensions.
Can you upload videos to DocSend?
Yes. You can upload videos to DocSend in the .mp4 format.
How long is DocSend free trial?
DocSend free trial period is 14 days.
- Less than 25 GB
- 25 GB to 100 GB
- 100 GB to 1 TB
- Flexible Storage (More than 1 TB)
- Up to 10 users
- Up to 20 users
- Up to 100 users
- Doesn’t matter