Donnelley Venue Data Room
Donnelley Venue data room overview
DFIN (Donnelley Financial Services) is an American provider of risk and compliance services for companies in the finance industry. DFIN started in 1983 as a division of its parent company RR Donnelley and Sons, and became Donnelley Financial Services in 2016.
In 2018 DFIN acquired the machine-learning company eBrevia, and in 2021 it acquired the software security company Guardum. DFIN is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Palo Alto, and in 27 other locations in 11 countries across all continents.
DFIN offers many different products for reporting, data protection, regulatory compliance, digital content delivery, content management, and analytics. One of their products is the Venue virtual data room (VDR).
Venue is designed to serve organizations of all sizes, from startups to Fortune 1000 companies and from investment banks to government agencies. Companies that are considering using Venue can contact the provider for a free demo of their product.
Donnelley Venue pricing: Venue Donnelley follows a per feature fee model and does not publicly disclose its pricing. Per-feature cost formation might be tricky for users who don’t have clearly outlined expectations towards the VDR software. Therefore, it is crucial to understand which features are required before making a final decision. According to user reviews, the Donnelley Venue pricing structure is considered to be high. The provider offers a 10-day free trial period without a complimentary demo phase.
other donnelley software solutions
Besides the Venue VDR, DFIN offers organizations ten other tools and products to help them comply with regulations, increase their transparency and achieve greater productivity when working on multiple deals:
Active Disclosure, a secure platform for financial and regulatory reporting
Arc Suite, an integrated platform for regulatory, reporting, legal, filing and distribution solutions, which includes:
- ArcDigital, a document repository for compliance management
- ArcFiling, a tool for creating, tracking and filing regulatory documents
- ArcPro, a compliance content management tool
- ArcRegulatory, a tool for creating global compliance reports
eBrevia, an AI-powered contract review software
EDGAR® Online, an intelligence extraction tool
ESG, a platform for environmental, social and governance reporting and data management
File16, a tool for filing SEC Forms 3, 4 and 5
what industries and use cases is the venue data room best for?
The Venue virtual data room is designed for and serves organizations of all sizes. This software is intended more specifically to answer the demand for VDR services from companies in the financial, capital and investment sectors — but in fact, customers from all industries use it.
Venue customers generally use this secure virtual data room to facilitate and streamline data-sharing when conducting processes such as:
- M&A due diligence, deal management and post-merger integration
- secure data sharing
- investor-focussed communication
- and Regulatory Book of Record building
Venue customers also use this software for recurring tasks such file storage and automatic electronic archiving, as well as to automate tasks, generate scheduled reports, and create accurate and insightful analytics.
The Venue data room has the following security certifications:
- SOC2 Type II auditing and reporting
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification
benefits of using the donnelley data room
DFIN Venue clients mention several advantages of using this product when they are managing critical information.
- Security. With multiple security measures — such as 265-bit encryption, two-factor authentication, granular user permissions, and dynamic watermarking – Venue allows administrators to keep control of the information they store and share. Venue clients class this VDR as a highly secure document sharing solution.
- Ease of use. Instant setup, bulk uploads, and comprehensive organization and collaboration features make Venue a user-friendly platform — customers report that they can perform tasks seamlessly on it.
- Speed. Venue allows administrators to set up their virtual data rooms in less than a minute. It also makes it easy to keep files organized and ready, and share them with many people with only a few clicks. Venue clients say that when the time comes to secure a deal, Venue allows them to move very quickly as a routine part of their business process.
- High-quality support. According to customers, Venue client services — which are offered in multiple languages, and can even include a regionally assigned project manager — are always available, including for late night and early morning last-minute changes.
- Flexibility and affordability. Because of its convenient pricing system, relevant options of features, and multi deal management tools, Venue clients find this a cost-effective software.
venue virtual data room customers
Here are a few DFIN Venue clients, and how Venue helps them:
- Workfront. This US software company has 1,000 employees and 30,000 customers all over the world. Workfront used Venue to share confidential information during the due diligence process when being acquired by Adobe.
- Confluent. A US data streaming platform, Confluent used Venue to facilitate their remote IPO process during the Covid pandemic.
- Catalent. This US multinational biotech company works on 50 sites across the globe. Catalent uses Venue to share sensitive information with partners, investors, regulators, and others – during routine work as well as on extraordinary occasions such as raising capital and M&A.
- LG Energy Solution. A world-renowned South Korean energy company with over 20,000 employees worldwide, LG Energy Solutions used Venue to facilitate their IPO process, particularly during the due diligence phase, when they needed data-sharing software that was easy to use, secure and made it easy to connect with all stakeholders.
- AprilBio. This South Korean biotech company uses Venue to securely share proprietary data during licensing due diligence.
- First Majestic Silver. A Canadian mining company with 350 employees operating in the US and Mexico, First Majestic Silver used Venue to facilitate the acquisition of Jerritt Canyon, for which they needed a VDR that accommodated large files and helped speed up the time-sensitive deal process.
What is Venue by DFIN?
Venue is a virtual data room solution offered by Donnelley Financial Services. With Venue, clients can store and share confidential digital files and carry out any deal process securely — even if it involves sharing sensitive information with multiple external stakeholders.
How much does the DFIN Venue virtual data room cost?
Venue pricing is not available on the provider's website. Companies interested in this virtual data room must contact DFIN for a quote.
- Less than 25 GB
- 25 GB to 100 GB
- 100 GB to 1 TB
- Flexible Storage (More than 1 TB)
- Up to 10 users
- Up to 20 users
- Up to 100 users
- Doesn’t matter