Drooms Data Room
Drooms data room overview
Drooms is a leading German provider of virtual data rooms for various confidential business processes and secure management of confidential documents. This platform actively implemented machine learning technology to make its solutions and services more intuitive and easy to use.
For now, Drooms supports six languages: English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, and Spanish. In addition, Drooms pricing policy for individuals is very flexible, and the platform allows every new user to sign up for a 30-day free trial.
Drooms was founded in 2001 by legal and M&A experts in Europe. The co-founders, Alexandre Grellier (a lawyer and specialist in security compliance and transactions) and Jan Hoffmeister (a mergers and acquisitions specialist) were the pioneers of VDR services in Europe.
The company’s two headquarters are located in Zug, Switzerland, and Frankfurt, Germany. However, as Drooms became more trusted and started to slowly improve their solutions, branch offices in Amsterdam, London, Paris, Milan, Viena, and Madrid opened.
A Drooms virtual data room is not the only software piece available on the platform. They also help perform external security audits and provide asset management with many efficient solutions for documents vulnerability management.
Even though Drooms data room software is used mostly by real estate agents and large corporations, it is also well-suited for other industries. Nowadays, more than 30,000 professionals worldwide have become Drooms clients.
- 10 + users
- 3 + GB
- 10 + users
- 3 + GB
- 2 modules
- 10 + users
- 3 + GB
- 6 modules
Drooms pricing: Drooms data rooms offer a per user, per feature cost model. Plans start at $14.45 per user per month. Q&A, index allocation, and advanced permission features each add an additional charge of $5.60 per user per month. Drooms also offers a fully customizable plan with unlimited users and unlimited storage capabilities. Contact the provider for a customized quote.
Drooms provides a range of products that help businesses protect sensitive documentation and share it with potential partners. For now, the company provides the following solutions:
- Drooms PORTFOLIO: An easy-to-use cloud-based portfolio manager with an intuitive interface
- Drooms TRANSACTIONS: Due diligence virtual data rooms to share and store confidential files
- Drooms FLEX: Virtual data rooms for multiple users, an excellent choice for any company
A Drooms VDR is available on all PC operating systems and browsers. Users can easily share stored information with all employees and parties via their phone, computer, or laptop.
For mobile access, users can download the iOS app. However, an Android version is currently unavailable.
what does a drooms data room do best?
Thanks to the AI-based interface, many new features have become available in the Drooms data room, including smart workflows, users’ live training, branding customizations, and smart audits.
With Drooms PORTFOLIO, users can forget about having to deal with the repetitive manual processes of adding new pieces. Instead, an intelligent downloading system does all of the work, so users only need to make minor adjustments. A Drooms data room is also useful for:
- Assets lifecycle management
- Sourcing and digitization
- Documents analysis and storage
- Due diligence
For now, among the users of Drooms products are primarily legal, real estate, corporate finance, life science, and energy businesses. Still, there are many opportunities for startups, especially with fundraising processes.
In addition, it is the best solution for European customers, as Drooms offers support 24/7 via phone and mail in six European languages.
drooms compliance certificates
Drooms’ virtual data rooms are not hosted on public servers. Instead, the platform will provide all uploaded data hosting via privately owned servers located in Switzerland and Germany. Only Drooms’ certified employers have access to details regarding hosted files for technical purposes, which ensures a high level of data protection.
Here is the list of Drooms data room compliance certificates that guarantee extra security:
- ISO 27001:2013
- ISO 27018
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD)
Drooms keep users’ data and all clients’ details safe thanks to the encryption at rest process and secure-tier architecture. In addition, any data processing, collecting, and indexing processes take place exclusively in Germany. The only exception is Swiss clients, who have storage in Switzerland.
Drooms features and AI-based architecture provide a broad range of various advantages. Among them, for example, are:
- A wide range of branding opportunities
- A fast full-document search feature
- Two-factor SMS authentication
- The capability for personalized highlights and notes in any documents
- A customizable data room look to make workflow easier and more comfortable
- 24/7 user support via phone and email
- Numerous AI features: auto-allocation, auto-naming, and finding manager
Nowadays, Drooms has more than 30,000 clients around the globe, with about 70% of users located in Europe. Here is a list of the most well-known clients from different industries:
- Real estate: Adler Group, Place4YOU, AERIUM, Schroders, Allianz, TCP Brokerage, Anngerman, CONREN Land Management
- Legal: Arnecke Sibeth, Cabinet Tripoz, EY, FPS, Fratta Pasini & Associati, Gide Loyrette Nouel, Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek
- Life sciences: Bergmann zur Hausen & Cie. GmbH, Cellact Pharma GmbH, Cis Pharma, Conalliance M&A Advisors for the Healthcare Industry, Gedeon Richter, Klosterfrau Healthcare Group
- Energy: BayWa re, BayWa re, Eaton Corporation, energiebunker, Global Wind Power, H2V INDUSTRY, La Compagnie du vent, EWE, EOLFI
- Corporate Finance: Extenso Finance & Transmission, Carey Group, DMA, FAIT Group SPA, Evonik IPO, HR Ventures
Drooms is used for various due diligence processes, mergers and acquisitions, data sharing and storing, machine analysis of sensitive documentation, and asset lifecycle management. This platform also has great potential for startup fundraising.
What is Drooms?
Drooms is a virtual data room provider that helps to store, analyze, share, and protect data while being copied or sent between authorized employees and potential partners. The platform now provides three solutions: Drooms PORTFOLIO, Drooms FLEX, and Drooms Transaction.
How much does Drooms cost?
Drooms data room pricing starts from $14.99 per user per month for their PRO account. The minimum number of users for registering a PRO account is 10. Also, every new client needs to register for at least 3 GB of cloud storage for a PRO account. For enterprise clients, special terms apply. If you would like to experience all of Drooms features, the company offers a 30-day free trial, or you can book a demo with a sales manager.
- Less than 25 GB
- 25 GB to 100 GB
- 100 GB to 1 TB
- Flexible Storage (More than 1 TB)
- Up to 10 users
- Up to 20 users
- Up to 100 users
- Doesn’t matter