HighQ is a Virtual Data Room (VDR) and legal project management software for law firms designed by Thomson Reuters, a multinational media conglomerate founded in 2008 and based in Toronto, Canada. The company has offices in the Americas, the MENA region, and Asia.
In 1998, Lipper Analytical was acquired by Reuters Group plc as a wholly owned subsidiary. In 2008, Lipper became a part of Thomson Reuters after Reuters and Thomson Financial merged.
High Q allows you to run a modern legal firm efficiently by streamlining processes, automating manual tasks, handling deadline-constrained work, and providing a top-notch client experience.
Thomson Reuters Highq provides a free demo that lets you get a hands-on experience of the VDR software. HighQ pricing is quote-based.
HighQ data room pricing
The HighQ data room has three price categories, which include Essentials, Advanced and Premium. The Essential plan is for streamlined document management and team collaboration, the Advanced is for companies looking at carrying out projects, litigation, portfolio and transaction management, while Premium is for automation and productivity. The complete pricing information on the plans is available on request only, but the good news is that there are no hidden charges with the plans, which makes using any of them a fully transparent process.
HighQ offers three software solutions:
- HighQ VDR — for secure document organization and management and exchanging transactional information
- HighQ Collaborate — for remote cross-team collaboration
- HighQ Publisher — for enhancing your firm’s content marketing strategy
You can choose a package that includes all three solutions or just the data room, depending on your use case.
Along with HighQ, Thomson Reuters offers other software solutions for legal operations, including:
- Elite 3E — for business management purposes
- Legal Tracker — for managing your legal work and costs
- Data Privacy Advisor — for navigating through global laws and regulations
The HighQ virtual data room solution is excellent for personal and corporate legal firms of all sizes, but it’s best suited for medium and large-sized law firms. Governments also use HighQ for legal work. Among the most frequent use cases of HighQ data room software, there are:
- Business and asset sale
- Corporate repository
- Joint ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions
- IP licensing
- Bankruptcy and restructuring
- File sharing
Speaking of the most commonly reported uses of the HighQ software, these are:
- Virtual data rooms. View and exchange transactions and share documents securely.
- HighQ management. Access and edit information seamlessly.
- Client portals. Collaborate with clients and teammates efficiently and securely.
- Workflow and process automation. Automate redundant manual tasks to focus on more important work and client relationships.
- Online products and services. Offer your legal expertise in the form of products and services.
- Project management. Utilize agile project management and productivity tools to work on your projects more efficiently.
- Content marketing. Publish how-to articles, guides, and case studies for your target audience to gain exposure.
- Document automation. Produce automated documents with a high level of accuracy and security.
- Connectors and integrations. Use HighQ efficiently side by side with other applications using the power of integrations.
HighQ doesn’t provide public information about its compliance certificates. However, it’s stated on the company’s website that its software products meet various international compliance certificates, such as ISO 27701, for instance.
Some of the pros of using HighQ are:
- Secure file sharing with advanced security features that ensure your documents are safe
- Easy synchronization of your documents with your mobile device along with advanced file storage sharing options
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external teams with tags, commenting, messaging, and more
- Possibility to create templates while speeding up your workflow and legal document management
- Use of APIs and integrations to seamlessly connect HighQ with other applications, like PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Excel
- Streamlined collaboration with powerful document management features
- Visualization of data with advanced charts
- Fast analysis of your legal documents with AI
- Ability to publish high-quality content for your audience with HighQ Publisher
- Simple user-friendly interface that anyone can use
HighQ’s consumer market is global. Legal firms in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and other parts of the world rely on HighQ’s software solutions. This includes 21 of the top 25 law firms in the UK and 45% of the UK’s top 100 law firms.
Amongst the clients of HighQ are mostly legal firms, but some also represent financial, retail, and information technology segments:
- Legal — CG Professionals, Vingaardshus, Clyde & Co, Lex Mundi, Blackadders, Linklaters Osborne Clarke, Allen & Overy, Geldards, Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Banking, tax services — Barclays, Garrigues
- Technology — Delphi
- Retail — Nisbets
What is HighQ Thomson Reuters?
HighQ is a virtual data room solution that enables lawyers to optimize their workflow and protect and manage legal documents while ensuring they are up to date. Thomson Reuters is the parent company of HighQ.
Where is HighQ’s headquarters?
HighQ’s headquarters are in Toronto, Canada.
What is a HighQ data room?
The HighQ data room is a solution for legal firms seeking to streamline their legal processes with a cloud-based solution that allows for collaboration in a secure environment.
What is HighQ contract lifecycle management?
HighQ’s end-to-end Contract Lifecycle Management solution allows law firms to create customized documents more efficiently, as well as manage and mitigate risk with a user-friendly workflow. It also provides full visibility of contract assets.
Who uses HighQ?
Some of the most prominent names that use HighQ include Barclays, Allen & Overy, Lex Mundi, Clyde & Co, and Linklaters Osborne Clarke.
What are HighQ software products?
HighQ’s software products include HighQ Collaborate, HighQ Publisher, and HighQ Dataroom.
- Less than 25 GB
- 25 GB to 100 GB
- 100 GB to 1 TB
- Flexible Storage (More than 1 TB)
- Up to 10 users
- Up to 20 users
- Up to 100 users
- Doesn’t matter