Intralinks Data Room
Intralinks is a global provider of technology solutions for data management and collaboration. Founded in New York in 1996, the company released the very first virtual data room product in 2002, and has since come to dominate a significant share of the VDR market.
Headquartered in New York, Intralinks also has a powerful global presence that includes the Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and all of North America, with offices in Boston, Bucharest, Chicago, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Milan, San Francisco, São Paulo, and Sydney.
With a powerful range of capabilities, but at a hefty price, Intralinks is best suited for big companies and projects. That said, you can always take advantage of the free demo on their website (no free trial is currently available) to find out whether it’s a match for your use case.
Intralinks does not provide pricing and tariff plans for Virtual Data Room software. Intralinks pricing is calculated per user. According to user feedback, pricing starts at approximately $25 per user, which puts Intralinks data room at the high-end of the cost category compared to most competitors that cater to large companies. On the one hand, its premium pricing comes with a substantial level of experience in the fintech software segment. Yet, Intralinks data room has several less expensive counterparts in the segment.
More than just a VDR platform, Intralinks stands out from the competition partly due to its multifaceted solutions. The Intralinks products toolkit include:
- Intralinks Deal Centre. A platform that joins the Intralinks VDR with a technology suite meant to help clients start, conduct, and complete M&A deals with maximum efficiency and minimum effort.
- Intralinks DealVision. Helps companies manage projects at scale, organizing collaborations between multiple users on any number of deals, analyses, and document prep with the help of artificial intelligence.
- Intralinks VDR Pro. The basic virtual data room edition, offering users all the requisite capabilities, including web and mobile interfaces, to manage sensitive documents and effectively conduct and close deals.
- Intralinks DealMarketing. An excellent tool for bidding and sales, deploying machine learning to track buyer interest, manage clients, and simplify the management of files.
what is intralinks best for?
Intralinks is a mammoth platform that caters to multimillion-dollar industries and companies, and as such it’s a better fit for big corporations and brands. In fact, as of 2014 Intralinks claimed that 988 of the Fortune 1000 companies used its products.
This should give you an idea of the kind of client the company caters to — that includes a wide variety of industries such as healthcare, pharma, and legal, as well as the banking and energy sectors, among others.
Like any big VDR, the Intralinks virtual data room is at its best when helping conduct large transactions such as M&A, capital raising, divestments, and the like. Other services Intralinks offers include investor reporting and board management.
Any VDR provider worth its salt is expected to prove its adherence to the highest industry standards in security, data protection and processing, risk management, and confidentiality. In this respect, Intralinks more than delivers. Some of the main certificates listed on the official Intralinks website are as follows:
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- SOC 1; SOC 2; SOC 3
- SOC 2 Type II
- ISO/IEC 20000-1
- ISO 9001
- ISO 27017 & ISO 27001
- EU-US Privacy Shield
advantages of intralinks
With the Intralinks VDR software, large corporations with many users and high data needs benefit from a first-rate platform that is reliable, extremely secure, and very responsive. The advantages of Intralinks in security, capacity, and breadth of tools include, among many others:
- Powerful encryption. The Intralinks data room takes user privacy and security seriously. The secure platform provides tools to ensure files are kept safe, including its own encryption feature (Intralinks VIA).
- IRM. Here, too, Intralinks provides a solution it owns — docTrackr — so that users can share and manage sensitive files including PDFs or Office documents, keeping full remote control over them even after they’ve been downloaded outside Intralinks secure collaboration platform.
- Audit trail. One of the main Intralinks tools, the audit trail allows system administrators to keep an eye on user actions and control interactions with key documents. More than that, it can also be an essential tool to gauge potential clients’ interest in, providing invaluable deal insight.
- Data analysis tool. This joins with the audit feature to create easily-viewable reports on user engagement and drive informed action.
- Video conferencing. Integration with conferencing apps such as Zoom or Skype is a key feature to ensure that clients can conduct important meetings with immediate access to and integration with agendas, minute generators, meeting templates, polling, and other functionalities available on the platform.
- Customer service. Dedicated customer service managers are available 24/7 to assist with any questions or issues.
intralinks data room customers
Intralinks has a global presence in the Energy, Life Sciences, and Legal sectors, working with megacorporations, multinational brands, and some of the biggest legal firms out there. Out of its many use cases, some of the most common include M&A deals, IPOs, bankruptcy and restructuring, and board reporting.
Some of the recent deals conducted through Intralinks platforms help form an impression of the scale at which the company works. The following were all clients of Intralinks:
- TerraForm Power: The renewable energy producer was acquired in a $6.6 billion deal
- WGL Holdings: Also in the green energy sector, the US-based company was acquired for $6.7 billion
- The Williams Companies: Used Intralinks for a divestment deal worth $2.1 billion
What is Intralinks data room?
Intralinks is a US-based provider of data room solutions.
How much does Intralinks cost?
Currently, Intralinks does not have a fixed pricing table. You can contact their sales team for a quote according to your use case.
What is Intralinks used for?
Intralinks is used for file sharing and hosting, helping complete large data-driven deals and high stakes transactions such as due diligence, M&A, company audits, board-reporting, and others.
Where is Intralinks based?
Intralinks is headquartered in New York City.
Who are Intralinks competitors?
Top providers of data rooms such as Merrill, iDeals, DealRoom, and Firmex.
Is Intralinks cloud-based?
Yes, Intralinks stores user content on cloud servers based in the US.
Can you upload videos to Intralinks?
Yes, Intralinks is compatible with all types of content (text, image, audio, video) and virtually all of the most used file formats.
- Less than 25 GB
- 25 GB to 100 GB
- 100 GB to 1 TB
- Flexible Storage (More than 1 TB)
- Up to 10 users
- Up to 20 users
- Up to 100 users
- Doesn’t matter