CapLinked Data Room
CapLinked data room is a secure cloud-based platform for managing complex deals with easy-to-use tools. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Los Angeles. Also, the provider has three branch offices located in UAE, India, and South Africa.
This virtual data room is suitable for companies of all sizes and purposes, including M&A, due diligence, IPOs, carve-out divestiture process, asset sales, raising capital, and audits. The data room includes a few more efficient products to reinforce the functionality for an integrated approach to complex deals. These are CapLinked API, DRM Software, EZ Q&A, and Concierge. Potential users may want to try out the data room with a 14-day free trial. They get one workspace, two administrative accounts, and unlimited access to all Caplinked solutions. A free demo is also available.
- Up to 5GB Data Storage
- 1 Workspace
- 10 administrators
- Unlimited Guest Users
- Email Support
- Flexible Storage
- Custom Workspaces
- Custom administrators
- Unlimited Guest Users
- 24/7 Support 6-Hour Response Time
The Caplinked pricing comes in two plans — The Team plan and the Enterprise Plan. The Team plan is priced at $149 per month. It is the starter plan with secured document storage and sharing as well as maximum security. The Enterprise Plan pricing which is available on request is best for deals and due diligence. It comes with full access to all the features of Caplinked data room as well as exclusive access to “Concierge Services”.
caplinked software solutions
As already mentioned, Caplinked VDR software is not only a virtual data room but also several other intelligent products embedded for the utmost confidence and convenience. Here are some more details about each.
The CapLinked API is a tool for setting up data management, sharing, and tracking through the following features:
- Watermarks upon download and in the viewer with username, email address, time stamps, and IP address
- Activity tracker with a detailed list of activities regarding all data uploaded
- Permissions to view, update, download, and create documents
- Optical character recognition for fast data search by keywords or phrases
- Accessible, secure platform for storing data with high upload and download speeds
Digital Rights Management Software provides the client with permission management and copy protection.
Copy protection prevents a user with access from copying and printing a document or part of it. It works smoothly through encryption. Namely, only the devices authorized for opening encrypted data can grant the user access to the content.
Permission management is the administrative control of access to documents at the following levels:
- Establishing copyright on the content
- Sharing management by determining data distribution ways, copy and paste feature ability
- Emailing and viewing on multiple devices
- Control of user activities after distribution
EZ Q&A simplifies the Q&A stage for managing complex deals in the following way:
- Admins decide which users or groups can post questions, view the FAQ, and see the names of fellow group members.
- Relevant parties receive real-time activity notifications, which helps to expedite the workflow.
- Essential questions can be added to the FAQ and, in such a way, create a valuable resource for the parties.
- CapLinked archives each event in the data rooms, allowing you to audit Q&A activity efficiently.
CapLinked Concierge provides customized support for deal-makers. Thus, the provider team can prepare the virtual data room for you, create the file and folder structure, set user permissions, and perform data curation.
Moreover, the project manager can become an outsourced member of the client’s organization and work with tax documents, performance reports, etc. And finally, the provider delivers technical support not only for prompt response to customer requests but also for assistance with asset sales, investor reporting, and other operations.
Compared to other cloud-based services, CapLinked complies with more industry-recognized security standards:
- ISO 27001. The secure platform digitally and physically protects sensitive data and hosts it on ISO 27001 certified servers.
- AICPA SOC 2. CapLinked mechanisms operate according to SOC standards for handling financial data securely in a service company.
- EU-US Privacy Shield. The provider complies with the requirements of Europe and the United States for the collection, use, and storage of information from European countries.
- HIPAA. CapLinked complies with all HIPAA, HITECH, and HIPAA Omnibus regulations for storing medical information.
- PCI SAQ-D. The PCI accredits CapLinked as an organization that implements controls to prevent customer credit card fraud.
- FISMA. CapLinked follows the requirements identified in a special NIST publication, which is the institute that develops standards for security controls in various industries.
The virtual data room advantage lies in the combination of broad functionality and a responsible approach to security, but beyond that, it offers the following:
- Intuitive dashboard. Users can track actions and changes, view messages and notifications, and easily manage permissions without any IT skills.
- Plug-in-free capabilities. While the software offers many features, it does not require plugins, making it easy to work on the platform.
- All-round support. The provider helps with both technical issues and deal-making activities, which distinguishes CapLinked from its competitors.
- Strict access control. Thanks to this feature, a team can ensure secure collaboration within the organization and during transactions.
CapLinked clients span many industries, including energy, private equity, venture capital firms, pharmaceuticals, advisory agencies, investment banks, corporations, and financial services industries.
Given this variety, it is notable that nearly half of the Fortune 1000 companies choose the provider’s services. So, here are the most well-known CapLinked customers: Microsoft, Thomson Reuters, KPMG, Goldman Sachs, Oppenheimer Holdings, Roche, Invitae.
What is CapLinked?
How much does CapLinked cost?
What is the maximum file size for uploading to CapLinked?
How many workspaces can I have on CapLinked?
- Less than 25 GB
- 25 GB to 100 GB
- 100 GB to 1 TB
- Flexible Storage (More than 1 TB)
- Up to 10 users
- Up to 20 users
- Up to 100 users
- Doesn’t matter