Diligent Data Room
Diligent virtual data room overview
A Diligent VDR provides tools and features aimed to help businesses with governance. Thanks to its services, corporations can share information securely, communicate effectively, and enhance decision-making.
Diligent was founded in 1994 in New York. Now It has offices all around the world, specifically in Canada, Ireland, the UK, Germany, and China. Over 25,000 customers and 1 million users from 130 countries choose it as their secure virtual data room provider today.
Insight Partners acquired Diligent for $624M on Feb 16, 2016. Since then, Diligent has also time and again acquired other businesses. Among them are Steele, Accuvio Sustainability Software, Brainloop, BoardPad, and more. After acquiring Galvanize, Diligent has become the largest SaaS governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) provider.
New users can request a demo to see Diligent in action by filling out the contact form on their website. A sales representative can help with personalizing demo details and discuss Diligent data room pricing.
Diligent does not provide information about its tariff plans and prices for virtual data room services. For information about the diligent data room price, you need to contact technical support on the official website of the provider.
diligent data room software solutions
Diligent offers a range of products and services to help companies succeed in governance, risk, compliance, and audits.
- GRC platform. Collect, store, analyze, and manage all GRC data on one secure and user-friendly platform.
- Board portal. Run board meetings more efficiently, both in person and remotely. You can also save time on taking minutes and simplifying board evaluations and questionnaires.
- Entity governance management. Centralize, manage, and structure your corporate records. This results in entity governance enhancement, ensures compliance, and mitigates risk.
- Executive compensation portal. Do an in-depth performance analysis using a variety of metrics, compare executive compensation practices, and make the best decisions about shareholder returns.
- Cyber risk scorecard. Improve cybersecurity and manage reputational risk more effectively and confidently.
Diligent is the best solution for medium and large businesses with 200-1000+ employees. The industries that benefit from the company’s services include:
- Broadcasting and telecommunications
- Real estate and construction
- Private equity
- Transportation and warehousing
Companies use Diligent features and tools mostly for:
- M&A activity. Entity management software developed by Diligent helps businesses close M&A deals faster and easier.
- Audit and analytics. Users can conduct more audits in less time and turn them into a strategic advantage with analytics tools and audit management software.
- Compliance and ethics. With a policy management solution, companies achieve compliance clarity and reduce human error.
- ESG. Users can collect all ESG data into one platform, automate ESG activities, and track their progress to stay ahead of competitors.
- Risk management. Integrated risk management solutions allow businesses to reduce penalties, identify vulnerabilities, and avoid reputational damage.
Security is a top concern for board members and executives all around the globe. That’s why the Diligent corporation has obtained all security certifications necessary to guarantee data protection.
- ISO 27001:2013 for information security
- ISO 27017:2015 for cloud security controls
- ISO 27018:2019 for personal data protection
- SSAE 18/ ISAE 3402 SOC for the protection of system resources against unauthorized access
- SSAE 18/ ISAE 3402 SOC for the protection of resources against unauthorized access
- HIPAA for complying with the standards for protecting the privacy and security of personal health information
Let’s now look at Diligent’s security tools and features.
- Best-in-class encryption to protect your organization’s data.
- An encrypted app built for privacy and discoverability.
- Dynamic watermarking to indicate ownership rights and to add protection during financial transactions.
- Document activity tracing to see who accessed a file and when.
- Phishing prevention to avoid a data breach.
advantages of a diligent virtual data room
Here’s what Diligent’s customers like the most about the platform:
- User-friendliness. Both administrators and users find Diligent features intuitive and easy to learn.
- Award-winning customer service. Clients appreciate quick and professional customer support delivered 24/7/365.
- Continuously improving functionality. User interface and product features remain modern and up-to-date with current business demands.
- Diligent messenger. Board members highly praise this feature, as it helps them to communicate outside the board securely.
- Simplified cap-table management. Clients truly enjoy the tools helping to keep cap tables accurate while setting a foundation for capital raising.
- Dependable security. Multiple security layers and security certificates ensure there are no hacks or leaks.
- Convenient management tools. Among them are reminders, surveys, polls, e-signatures, digital approvals, shared annotations, and virtual meeting integration.
There are over 25,000 Diligent VDR customers from 130 countries. These are mainly medium and large-sized businesses. They use the service for a variety of purposes, including due diligence, M&A, capital raising, and board collaboration.
Let’s have a look at the company’s clients and their industries.
- Finance: Mastercard, Barclays, Community First, Afterpay
- Broadcasting and telecommunications: AsiaSat, Nine, Televisa, Amaysim
- Education: Boston University, Carnegie Mellon University, UGA
- Manufacturing: Parker, BiC, Bombardier
- Private equity: Insight Partners, Blackstone, Cambridge Innovation Capital
- Energy: Inergex, British Gas, Electricity North West, Lonmin
- Real Estate: Shaftesbury, Edens, Intu
- Healthcare: Sparrow, Medtronic, Talkspace, GBMC
- Retail: 7-Eleven, Casper, Super Retail Group.
- Non-profit: Habitat for Humanity, Carnegie Hall, Smithsonian
What is Diligent?
Diligent is a comprehensive governance software provider. Its mission is to help boards and organizations build strong governance practices. Customers use it for board management, sustainability, and ESG reporting, and audit and risk management.
How much does a Diligent data room cost?
Users can contact a sales representative to learn more about Diligent pricing through the company’s website. For that, they need to fill in the form, indicating their data like country, company name, and phone number.
Who owns Diligent?
Brian Henry and Kiri Borg founded the company in 1994. On February 16, 2016, Insight Partners acquired Diligent for $624M. It’s currently managed by Brian Stafford.
- Less than 25 GB
- 25 GB to 100 GB
- 100 GB to 1 TB
- Flexible Storage (More than 1 TB)
- Up to 10 users
- Up to 20 users
- Up to 100 users
- Doesn’t matter