Sterling Data Room
Sterling vdr solution overview
Sterling Technology is a British virtual data room provider founded in 1988 and headquartered in London. The company has offices in Paris, Warsaw, Frankfurt, Stockholm, Milan, Madrid, and Chennai.
Sterling helps companies close M&A deals, conduct business audits, sign contracts, raise funds, and more. It offers secure virtual data rooms for startups, mid-sized companies, and large businesses.
The company provides a limited, individually discussed free trial based on your needs and requirements.
Sterling pricing: Sterling data room implements a boutique pricing approach, calculating the final cost individually for every client. The company calculates estimates and provides price quotes by evaluating the client’s requirements, company size, and the particular deal’s storage volume. Reach out to Sterling by phone or use the contact form on their website to get a personalized quote for your virtual data room project.
- Data centers are distributed across the UK, the US, and mainland Europe
- Document labeling improves file management
- Sterling supports bulk redaction of headers and footers
Things To Consider
- Audit trail functionality is limited compared to other VDRs
- Bulk file upload may be slower compared to other VDRs
- User feedback is limited
sterling data room software solutions
Sterling Technology provides VDR solutions only. The VDR streamlines deal making with the following features.
Smart document management
Sterling offers a wide array of document management functionalities:
- Drag-n-drop upload. You can prepare all files in a single location and upload them to the data room in bulk using drag-n-drop. You can also upload a folder structure from your local hard drive.
- Project email. Create dedicated email addresses for your VDR projects. This feature allows you to send attachments to the data room even without logging in.
- Document search and filtering. Locate confidential files using keywords and search for specific content using optical character recognition (OCR). Use filters to see what documents are last viewed, added, and redacted.
Intelligent VDR reporting
Sterling makes it easy to analyze your project performance at every stage due to comprehensive VDR reporting features:
- Document and folder activity tracking. Check how many people view specific documents and folders. You can also check how many times users view files and track the time they spend reading each paper.
- Document search reports. Track words and phrases users search for in your documents. Identify the most searched terms and check how often users refer to them.
- Customizable activity reports. The Sterling team will develop reporting functionalities to match your needs. Contact a customer support representative to explain your requirements.
Due diligence capabilities
Sterling features help companies prepare for M&A deals with the following due diligence capabilities:
- Q&A module. Assign subject-matter experts, create FAQs, discuss business matters in threads, and get notifications about questions. Attach documents to questions and easily import or export questions and answers in bulk from Excel.
- Redaction tools. Search for sensitive info in documents and redact it using text markups. Hide details in bulk on every page, check the redaction history, and apply watermarks.
- Personally identifiable information (PII) detection. The redaction system scans your documents for email addresses and phone numbers. Hide them in bulk using text markups.
Sterling VDR enables industry-leading security features so that businesses can have complete peace of mind over their transactions:
- Data security. Sterling applies bank-grade 256-bit encryption and connection encryption to protect the VDR data.
- Advanced VDR permissions. Control who can see what and set customizable user rights. Assign permission managers to double-check access permissions and confirm changes before putting them to work.
- Protected servers. Sterling Technology checks its data rooms for vulnerabilities and improves security protocols regularly. It applies reliable physical and digital protection measures to its data servers in the UK and Germany.
what is the sterling data room best for?
Sterling Technology is the best solution for complex deals such as mergers and acquisitions, post-merger integration, bankruptcy and restructuring, IPOs, and more.
Its functionalities will come in handy for startups, mid-sized ventures, and large organizations across many industries.
Sterling also suits government, legal, and healthcare organizations as it offers a portal to collaborate, prepare documents, and share files conveniently.
Sterling Technology complies with the following standards, holding respective certificates:
- GDPR – European Union data protection guidelines that establish cybersecurity practices across all types of organizations
- ISO 27001 – information management security standards developed for all types of organizations in all industries
- CISA’s Cyber Essentials – the UK guidelines for accurate cybersecurity measures to protect organizations against cyberattacks
advantages of sterling
Businesses choose Sterling due to its rich functionalities, but the company also delivers a few beneficial extras:
- Mobile compatibility and cloud deployment. Sterling offers full-fledged mobile apps for Android and iOS devices at no extra cost. You can also access the data room in desktop and mobile browsers without plugins.
- CMS integration. You can connect the VDR to SharePoint and other CMS platforms for more convenient workflows.
- 24/7 customer support in multiple languages. The Sterling support team helps with onboarding, while dedicated project managers can administer your data room on your behalf.
Sterling operates in 160 countries and opens over 1,000 new data rooms yearly. Sterling customers use VDRs for file sharing, collaboration, due diligence, audit trails, etc.
While Sterling VDR functionalities suit businesses of any size, most of its clients have thousands of employees and multi-billion incomes.
Prominent Sterling customers by industry include:
- Investment banking – Rothschild & Co, J.P. Morgan
- Corporate – Nestlé, Hovis
- Biotech – AstraZeneca, Pfizer
- Energy – EDC, PetroStream
- Legal – Linklaters, Clifford Chance
- Real Estate – JLL, CBRE
- Private Equity – Addleshaw Goddard LLP, LDC
What is a Sterling VDR?
What are Sterling data room pricing plans?
- Less than 25 GB
- 25 GB to 100 GB
- 100 GB to 1 TB
- Flexible Storage (More than 1 TB)
- Up to 10 users
- Up to 20 users
- Up to 100 users
- Doesn’t matter